There are four ways that you can speak about sports in English. The first way is to talk about your favorite sport. The second way is to talk about your favorite team. The third way is to talk about your favorite athlete. And the fourth way is to talk about your favorite event.
Now let’s break each of them down into a simple formula.
# 1 : Tell me about your favorite sport.
In order to talk about your favorite sport fluently in English, you need to use the following 4 step formula.
- Step one : Name
- Give the name of the sport that you like. For example, basketball, soccer, or baseball.
- Step two : Reasons
- Give three reasons why this is your favorite sport. You can be specific with your answer.
- Step three : Since when
- Give information about when you started liking this specific sport.
- And Step four : Amazing event
- Give an example of an amazing event that happened related to this sport.